[vorbis-dev] hardware decoding on DSP..

Pulkit Khandelwal pulkit23 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:59:16 PDT 2001

Hi all..

I'm a final yr. student at Cardiff University, UK doing BEng Electronic
Engineering. My final year project was supposed be a MP3 digital audio
player. The idea was to stream the file down to a TI DSP board and decode it
and play music.. like in a portable MP3 player. Now, obviously you guys are
aware of the MP3 standards complications and since this is a uni. project,
the funds are limited. So I've suggested switching to Ogg Vorbis to my
supervisor and he will agree to idea upon getting sufficient proof that the
project is viable.

So I'm asking u experts out there, whether this can be done. I would need
the spec. and other documents so forth. I know I'm being very vague, but I'm
new to digital audio and digital signal processing and I would be grateful
if anyone could help me with this. I think this project might yeild some
substantial results for the vorbis community. Who knows... 2-3 yrs down the
line, there would be vorbis content streaming down to mobile phones...

Thanks for your time... I look forward to getting some feedback/useful info
soon...

Pulkit