[vorbis-dev] Problem with CVS

Ingo Ralf Blum ingoralfblum at gmx.de
Tue Oct 23 12:00:51 PDT 2001

Hi,

I tried to update my local copy of the Xiph CVS and got the following:

cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/usr/local/cvsroot':
Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/usr/local/cvsroot'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

This only happens, when updating the whole Xiph CVS with "cvs co /". Doing a
checkout of single modules, e.g. ogg or vorbis works fine.

Regards,

Ingo