[vorbis-dev] libvorbisrtp-0.1

Erik Kruus kruus.erik at uqam.ca
Thu Oct 18 07:52:14 PDT 2001

alpha.  (that about sums it up)

Will encode and play back via an sdp file and multicast on one
computer (over the net if you transfer the sdp file over by hand).

rc/rtenc3 and src/rtdec3 are in the style of encoder/decoder_example

...so this means you MUST edit it them to suit your system.  For example,
I specify my rtenc3 to multicast just on eth1 (to avoid pissing off
my cable supplier on eth0), and receive on eth0 on another box
running rtdec3.  Usually I just encode and decode on one box.
My dual celeron 466 does this if I keep down other activity.

Very crude, but I've played through a 500+ meg .wav several times
without crashing -- over udp, though you can sure hear the effect
of lost or mis-sequenced packets though (when this happens)!

Code is built like a brick shit-house, asserts all over the place
because I'm paranoid that I'll forget something subtle during
any early-stage code production.  Lots of XXX paranoia comments
still to verify/clean up too.  Edit rtvorb.h to enable debug code

Soon to be added:  link with libcurl to get .sdp or codebooks
via http.  Right now it just attemps fopen.  (at some point,
probably build in a 'standard' set of codebooks into the player,
so normal folks don't have to have the decoder do anything special
to retrieve codebooks.  Codebook packets are checked by md5 sum)

http://vorbis.on2.com/libvorbisrtp-0.1.tar.gz

(oh it doesn't make a lib yet either, just links whatever is needed,
 but will... "soon" :-)

Erik Kruus