[vorbis-dev] win32sdk shared memory issue -- proposed change of code

Chris Wolf cwolf at starclass.com
Wed Oct 17 20:29:34 PDT 2001

On 10/17/2001 at 9:57 PM Matthijs Laan wrote:

>BTW, some remarks about the win32 batch files:
>
>You should replace "exit"s by a "goto" to the end of the file, because
>using "exit" closes the console - it does *not* return to the calling
>batch
>file (as you expect in mkmak.bat when calling mfmacro.bat). One also
>doesn't get a chance of seeing the error messages before exiting when
>there
>are some - the console just closes without showing them.

Yes, I had done that in some of the batch files, but not all, thanks for catching that.
Now it is done.

> "Sleep" doesn't
>exist on my system either (Clean Win2000sp2/msvc6sp5pp install).

I use Cygwin (provides a real bash shell instead of "cmd" on windows) so that's
the sleep I was using.  I implemented a windows-script-host version which should work
on all windows platforms except win95. (the script host can be downloaded separately
from microsoft, in that case)

>And before "echo Generating makefiles, please wait..." in mkmak.bat the
>user should install the macro file by opening msdev, going to Tools -> Add-
>ins and Macro Files and ticking the checkbox for "oggvorbis".

The whole point of these scripts is to automate the process so that a person
not that familiar with the IDE can do a complete build without ever going into the GUI
of msdev.  I thought it would be enough to merely install the macro in the macros
directory -- but you're correct that it must then also be enabled.  To that end,
I created a script (enableOggMacro.js) which automates that procedure as well,
and added it to the "mfmacro.bat" script.

>Then the SDKHOME needs to be set before running the other batch files.

Since the SDKHOME home is totally dependent on where the sdk is relocated
in a particular environment, it is left unset.  The requirement to set it is documented
in sdk/build/README.examples

Thanks,

        -Chris