[vorbis-dev] win32sdk shared memory issue -- proposed change of code

Matthijs Laan matthijsln at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 17 12:57:24 PDT 2001

On 17 Oct 2001, you wrote in internal.mail.vorbis-dev:

> I realize the aesthetics of having "EXTERN" instead of "extern" may be
> an issue on non-win32 platforms, (although in this case it would still
> preprocess out to "extern") so I thought I'd present the proposed
> change to the list before commiting to CVS...

BTW, some remarks about the win32 batch files:

You should replace "exit"s by a "goto" to the end of the file, because
using "exit" closes the console - it does *not* return to the calling batch
file (as you expect in mkmak.bat when calling mfmacro.bat). One also
doesn't get a chance of seeing the error messages before exiting when there
are some - the console just closes without showing them. "Sleep" doesn't
exist on my system either (Clean Win2000sp2/msvc6sp5pp install).

And before "echo Generating makefiles, please wait..." in mkmak.bat the
user should install the macro file by opening msdev, going to Tools -> Add-
ins and Macro Files and ticking the checkbox for "oggvorbis". Then the
SDKHOME needs to be set before running the other batch files.

Hope this helps,

Matthijs