[vorbis-dev] win32sdk shared memory issue

Michael Fink finkm at asamnet.de
Mon Oct 8 08:05:48 PDT 2001

Hi vorbis-devs,

I use the Ogg Vorbis libraries built from the win32sdk in winlame. Since the
rc2 DLL's are not functioning, I compiled them by myself. The apparent reason
is that some data arrays like _residue_P were not shared among DLLs.

I looked at the code, and found that IMHO dirty hack in
vorbis/win32/src/shmmap*.h that maps the data arrays.

Why not placing the data arrays in shared segments?
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q100/6/34.ASP is a good
description how to achieve that. Just some #pragma's that could go into #if
defined(_MSC_VER) sections.

bye
Michael

--