[vorbis-dev] RTP

Brian Hook public at pyrogon.com
Tue Oct 2 12:41:50 PDT 2001

I've seen several references to RTP now, both here and in some other
forums, and I've browsed the RFC a bit, but I'm still a little confused
as to "what is RTP?".  Obviously it's a protocol, but what does adhering
to the protocol buy you?  Does it guarantee interoperability with other
applications?  I had assumed that any streaming/multicast type
application would likely implement its own protocol, so I'm not sure
what the value-add of RTP support is.

Brian