[vorbis-dev] UTF-8 stuff

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Tue Oct 2 12:40:22 PDT 2001

> Thanks very much. This code looks great. I've committed it, though I'm
> fairly certain it won't work on windows (missing headers, etc.), but
that'll
> be easily fixed once a windows person comes along.

Sure, I'll volunteer for that.

See the attached patch.
I had to restore make_utf8_string (and create its converse). We could do
away with these two functions if only Win9x/WinMe didn't exist in the world.
*sigh*.

Actually, I want to move to 'all 16-bit UNICODE' on Windows eventually. I've
done it; it works rather nicely. The problem is, it makes a huge mess out of
oggenc.c and getopt.c if we want to maintain a common codebase across all
platforms. Maybe a unicode_getopt.c and a unicode_oggenc.c? It might be
worth doing as we get closer to 1.0. It's probably too much effort to try to
keep the code synced while it's still in active development.

Peter Harris

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/x-zip-compressed attachment: patch.zip
</UL>