[vorbis-dev] Re: bug in vorbisfile with threads

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Nov 27 05:31:58 PST 2001

At 01:36 PM 11/27/01 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>because no one commented on the last posting,
>I tried to make a patch for the global variable problem.

As far as I can tell, your diagnosis of the problem was incorrect.
errno becomes a function call (to __errno_location(), I think), wrapped
in a macro, if you define _REENTRANT when compiling your program. The
vorbis build system does this (if it misses it on some platforms that
need it, that'd be a bug).

Actually linking to pthreads is irrelevent here, unless something else
is going wrong. errno should always be giving the correct value.

Michael