[vorbis-dev] Implementing looping audio

OmegaDan dan at morrione.net
Fri Nov 23 18:36:44 PST 2001

In this case, my advice is irrelevant :)

dan

--- Michael Smith <msmith at labyrinth.net.au> wrote:
> At 02:29 PM 11/23/01 -0800, you wrote:
> >I have been working on something similar for my own
> >(video game) projects ... Although I haven't worked
> on
> >it in almost 9 mos, i wrote a (DirectX) sound
> >effects/music unit that used the vorbis to store
> >sfx/music loops ... I found a wrapper to the vorbis
> >code, was much easier then modifying the code.  If
> you
> >modify vorbis directly -- you will have to modify
> it
> >every time there is a new release.
>
> Brian wasn't suggesting modifying the vorbis
> libraries -
> his question was on the most sensible way in which
> USE those libraries for his particular case. Using a
>
> wrapper is irrelevent here - vorbisfile already IS
> essentially a wrapper over the core libraries, and
> the
> API is stable (and has been for some time, though we
>
> still occasionally add new functions) for both the
> core libraries and the higher-level interface of
> vorbisfile.
>
> Michael
>

> --- >8 ----
> 'vorbis-dev-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.
> No subject is needed.
> Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be
ignored/filtered.

=====
Daniel "OmegaDan" Morrione [dan at morrione.net]
thehumbleguys music group - "Everything but love songs"
Scoring / Sound Design / Audio Programming
thehumbleguys.com [omegadan at thehumbleguys.com]
-
Monkelectric - Internationally ignored musicians.
monkelectric.com