[vorbis-dev] Implementing looping audio

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Nov 23 18:01:30 PST 2001

At 02:29 PM 11/23/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I have been working on something similar for my own
>(video game) projects ... Although I haven't worked on
>it in almost 9 mos, i wrote a (DirectX) sound
>effects/music unit that used the vorbis to store
>sfx/music loops ... I found a wrapper to the vorbis
>code, was much easier then modifying the code.  If you
>modify vorbis directly -- you will have to modify it
>every time there is a new release.

Brian wasn't suggesting modifying the vorbis libraries -
his question was on the most sensible way in which to
USE those libraries for his particular case. Using a
wrapper is irrelevent here - vorbisfile already IS
essentially a wrapper over the core libraries, and the
API is stable (and has been for some time, though we
still occasionally add new functions) for both the
core libraries and the higher-level interface of vorbisfile.

Michael