[vorbis-dev] WinAmp RC1/RC2 problem

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Nov 12 05:59:55 PST 2001

>Probably yes, if the NullSoft decoder is based on libvorbisfile. That
>library has a problem with small Ogg files, and it has not yet been
>fixed AFAIK (at least not in RC2). See a posting which I did some time
>ago:
>
>http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/200108/0243.html

Hrmm... Strange, I was sure this bug had been long ago fixed. However,
I must have been imagining things.

Bugzilla bug #61 explains the problem clearly, from where the solution
is pretty clear. Solving that showed up another bug, though, which was
significantly less easy to fix...

CVS now has a fix in it. There's still a problem with vorbisfile seeking
in very small files (not sure how small they need to be - my test file
was 739 samples), but this is much less likely to hurt people, and doesn't
cause hangs/crashes anyway. (remember, cvs is broken for encoding, but
decoding continues to be good - you might want to ONLY update vorbisfile.c
to current cvs if you need this fix).

Michael