[vorbis-dev] ogg123 running under MacOS X

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Sun Nov 4 12:30:06 PST 2001

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Elifarley C.Coelho wrote:

>        Possible devices are:
>          null wav raw au
>
> P.S.: There is no ESD nor MACOSX output devices yet, and I don't know
> why. I had to first decode the music to a wav file, the play it using
> esdcat.

The ogg123 help will only show the devices that libao says are
available.  When libao is initialized, it checks the $PREFIX/lib/ao/plugins-2/
directory for plugins to load. ($PREFIX is usually /usr/local or /usr)  I
would check this directory to see which output drivers are on disk.  If you
find macosx.so and esd.so, then libao is for some reason unable to load
them.  This could be a linking problem of some sort or a problem with the
dlopen() implementation.

Hope that helps.

---
Stan Seibert