[vorbis-dev] OggMux, a simple ogg file multiplexer

olivier at infolibre.org olivier at infolibre.org
Thu Nov 1 12:50:30 PST 2001

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 12:40:57PM -0800, rillian wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 31, 2001, at 12:06 , olivier at infolibre.org wrote:
> >I'll investigate this trying to patch decoder_example.c to support mux
> >files.
>
> That would be cool. Or better yet patch libvorbisfile. :)

Well today was a free day here and I spent some time looking at it ;)

The patch attached does "allmost" allow libvorbisfile to play the first
stream in an interlaced ogg files, if vorbis, while keeping current
seeking and chained-only multiplexing features, at least using ogg123
and xmms plugin.

It has one major bug: if the playing logical stream is part of an
interlaced file the pcmlenght is garbage, and can have unexpexted
results (still better than now). A quick way to fix it would be to
disable pcmlenght/seeking if such a file is detected.

It is an ugly hack, because it does works by hiding data in
_get_next_page() in some unwanted case.

Olivier

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>text/plain attachment: vorbisfile-multiplex.diff
</UL>