[vorbis-dev] merging monty's branch

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue May 29 05:19:08 PDT 2001

>By the same token, at the CVS head, ao/src/ao_au.c appears to have DOS
>line delimiters, which causes problems when gcc tries to compile the
>multi-line WRITE_U32 macro at line 48.  It seems that gcc perceives that
>the \r after the trailing \ is grabage, and won't tolerate it.
>
>Can someone run dos2unix on this file?  I don't seem to have that
>installed on my linux boxen...  (or is there another quick-n-easy way to
>convert?)

I was certain that I'd looked at this and found that it wasn't like this
(and gcc compiled it fine for me, unless I'm hallucinating or something -
let's not discount that possibility ;-)

However, another check shows that it is indeed broken, so I've committed
the fixed version.

For reference, the easy way to do this using only standard unix tools
(assuming that you know you're running it on a normal text file, a more
complete solution is possible using sed, but that's a little more complex)
is to use "tr -d '\015'" (or something like that).

Michael