[vorbis-dev] QuickTime component for MacOS 9

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Fri May 18 11:35:56 PDT 2001

> Remember though that there isn't a good way to do VBR audio
> compression at present; you may not be able to write a Vorbis 'scom'
> without padding up to a constant size, which is probably antithetical
> to vorbis's variable-size chunks.

It is even worse with the 'sdec'.  If you don't care about live streaming
it, you can get away with the VBR problem for encoding in various ways, but
the playback side just _has_ to be time synchronous.

I was under the impression that QT5 had better VBR support?  Haven't read
the QT5 docs yet, though...

Dagdag,

Segher