[vorbis-dev] QuickTime component for MacOS 9

Steve Nicolai snicolai at mac.com
Fri May 18 06:36:00 PDT 2001

> Excellent!  Good job getting this up and running!
Thanks, this was the easy part, it gets more difficult now.

> A minor question now...  Is or will the source code be available?
This version has the compressor and exporter combined together,
which isn't the right way to do it.  I don't want to mislead
others into following my bad example, so I don't want to check
in the source at this point.

I'm working on separating them which is more difficult than you think,
because the compressor has to be able to run at deferred task time.
Calling malloc from deferred task time is a no-no.  I've got a
solution, but I'm still implementing it.  This problem happens
with the decompressor also.

Steve