[vorbis-dev] MIME types registration

rillian rillian at telus.net
Wed May 16 18:32:55 PDT 2001

On Wednesday, May 16, 2001, at 03:12 , Segher Boessenkool wrote:

> So do I, if the  audio/vorbis  just applies to the degenerate single
> stream file we have now, and not to multi-stream (even if it contains
> audio
> streams only). That way, an application getting a mime of audio/vorbis
> can be
> sure it will be able to handle it.

No, not being able to deal with additional substreams is a bug.
audio/vorbis applies to any ogg file with vorbis as the *first*
substream (as determined by header page order) and players should just
ignore any other substreams if they don't know what to do with them.

Better, players should just play the first substream with vorbis data
they find, though such files wouldn't qualify as audio/vorbis.

  -r