[vorbis-dev] MIME types registration

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Wed May 16 15:12:53 PDT 2001

Monty wrote:

> > The current idea is to register application/ogg and audio/vorbis as
> > media types, with full stream specifications in separate RFCs when they
> > are stable. This way the encoding RFCs can simply refer the media type
> > RFCs (if we decide to write such RFCs) in the future.
>
> I hadn't actually seen this suggestion before, but it's probably the
> cleanest thing I've seen so far that gives everybody what they
> want. "I like".

So do I, if the  audio/vorbis  just applies to the degenerate single
stream file we have now, and not to multi-stream (even if it contains audio
streams only). That way, an application getting a mime of audio/vorbis
can be
sure it will be able to handle it.

> > I am spending time with the application/ogg and audio/vorbis RFCs today,
> > so expect drafts soon.
>
> Excellent. Go man, go.  I'm still shooting for having the 1.0 packet
> spec solid at the end of the month.

Are you basing it on the bright'n'shiny illuminated thing?  I'm long
past my
deadline on doing the bitstream doc, but i'm still willing to help out
with it;
making comments will take me a lot less time than actually writing it ;-)

"Sol Iustitiae Illustra Nos^H^H^HOgg"

Segher