[vorbis-dev] media type registrations

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Tue May 15 12:05:25 PDT 2001

> This sounds good. The 'vorbis' at 0x1d magic is correct for the current
> encoder and will be for the 1.0 release. Likewise, there are a lot of
> good reasons for it to remain true for all audio-oriented ogg vorbis
> files, so I think this is safe.

It is true and will forever be true for single Ogg Vorbis streams, i.e. the
kind of .ogg files we all have now.  It actually is specced :-)

But not _every_ Ogg Vorbis file will always be like this, maybe... but then
again, I don't know if those (multitrack, for example) files should have
mimetype audio/vorbis.

Dagdag,

Segher