[vorbis-dev] media type registrations

rillian at telus.net rillian at telus.net
Tue May 15 10:53:47 PDT 2001

On Tuesday, May 15, 2001, at 08:04 , Linus Walleij wrote:

>> I'm not sure if the "vorbis" header will always be at that location,
>> although it seems right, yes.
>
> Both these issues I will adress by revision. The media type registry is,
> in difference from the IETF RFCs, possible to alter. But if I am to
> write
> a real RFC (which I expect to be something like a bare-bones version of
> existing documents) these issues must first be resolved. RFCs live
> forever...

This sounds good. The 'vorbis' at 0x1d magic is correct for the current
encoder and will be for the 1.0 release. Likewise, there are a lot of
good reasons for it to remain true for all audio-oriented ogg vorbis
files, so I think this is safe.

>> There's a non-profit Xiph.org now (or will be there shortly; Jack?

I still think 'Xiphophorus Foundation' is way better than 'Xiph.org'.

Thanks again for working on this,
  -ralph