[vorbis-dev] ANN: Vorbis Illuminated (*very* incomplete Vorbis doc)

Mike Coleman mkc at mathdogs.com
Thu May 10 22:58:05 PDT 2001

This is to announce the availability of Vorbis Illuminated, a technical
introduction for Vorbis I started a couple of months back.

It's little more than an outline with a bit of flesh attached at this point,
but since alternative documentation is virtually nonexistent and Vorbis seems
like such a bear to learn (for us mere mortals, anyway), I'm putting it out
there anyway, in the hopes that it will do some good.

Chapter 1 might be some help if you're just trying to figure out what Vorbis
is, technically, and Appendix A will be useful if you're trying to get a
handle on the Vorbis bitstream format and/or codebooks.  (I've also pasted in
whatever I could find from previous interviews with Monty.)

I haven't had a chance to work on it since January, and I'm not exactly sure
when I will again, but comments and corrections are welcome.  It's available
at

    http://www.mathdogs.com/vorbis-illuminated/

--Mike

Mike Coleman, mkc at mathdogs.com