[vorbis-dev] Raw driver for libao

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Thu Mar 15 17:31:44 PST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Monty wrote:

> > I need to make a change to the driver so that it supports outputting
> > in a particular byte-order (for the CD writing application) in
> > addition to just the native order, so DON'T commit the driver I
> > submitted just yet.  I just want to know if libao is in feature
> > freeze.
>
> If you just want to output raw bytes, libao isn't even
> necessary... but I don't know how ogg123 is structured internally.

In the context of ogg123, libao is used for all output, so adding a raw output
driver lets us use the same interface we've already coded for.  In addition,
the new raw driver also permits byte-flipping (which I'm told is desirable if
you want to write files for eventual recording to CD).

---
Stan Seibert