[vorbis-dev] Re: [vorbis] Vorbis stream up now

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Mar 14 02:41:32 PST 2001

>It can probably be a little modification to the decoder, maybe accessable
>from the player, that triggers strict checking instead of the default
>permissive checking (e.g. now if sync is lost it quietly tries to find it
>again - I want it to produce a message if running in verification mode).

Actually, the libraries do notify you that there was an error or hole in the
data (hole is when you lose sync. error is other problems). I think ogg123
prints out some sort of message when this happens. I know winamp gives an
indication, etc.
In this particular case, the problem was probably something that the decoder
wasn't checking for when it should have been - so this wasn't caught anyway.

Michael