[vorbis-dev] noisiness measure?

Sean R. Lynch seanl at literati.org
Fri Mar 30 15:28:04 PST 2001

It seems to me that if you look at the two blocks in the frequency domain,
the one with the solid color will only have a DC component, while the one
with the noise will show the noise spectrum spread throughout.

I would think that what you're really looking for is changes in the
distribution of energy in the frequency domain, which DCT would work fine
for.

--
Sean R. Lynch KG6CVV <seanl at literati.org>   http://www.literati.org/~seanl/
"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem!"

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>