[vorbis-dev] Re: FREE Biotech Stock Info! 968

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at lsc.nd.edu
Thu Mar 22 08:58:16 PST 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 biotechstox4 at juno.com wrote:

> Do you want to capitalize on the Biotech Revolution? Would you like to
> add groundbreaking biotech, pharmaceutical and medical device
> companies to your portfolio mix? Does hearing about exciting IPO and
> private placement offerings from life sciences companies interest you?

We got hit by these bastards a week ago or so; they hit all of our mailing
lists.

However, we use GNU mailman, and it caught all of these mails -- none of
them made it out to our subscribers.  Since majordomo uses commonly known
-outgoing e-mail addresses, it's easy for spammers to guess them and
therefore bypass any spam protection.

GNU mailman rocks.  You may want to look into switching; we switched from
majordomo to mailman somewhere around 6-12 months ago, and never looked
back.  It *considerably* eased the workload on both the list admins and
the sysadmins, particularly with respect to list bounces, intercepting
administrative mails to the lists, rejecting spam, etc.  I *highly*
recomend it; majordomo is now dated technology, IMHO.

http://mailman.sourceforge.net/

Sorry for being off-topic, just thought I'd throw in my $0.02...

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} squyres at cse.nd.edu
{+} Perpetual Obsessive Notre Dame Student Craving Utter Madness
{+} "I came to ND for 4 years and ended up staying for a decade"