[vorbis-dev] request for help in project

Lourens Veen jsr at dds.nl
Sun Mar 18 01:24:19 PST 2001

Dear Mr. Suthar,

As you may have noticed, this list is about the development of the Ogg
Vorbis codec, and not really about MP3. However, I did a little search
on Google (http://www.google.com/search?q=mp3+decompression+source) and
got good results. As for source, perhaps you should take a look at
mpg123 (www.mpg123.de) which is an open source mpeg layer 1, 2 and 3
player. If you are using Windows, you can just use the standard audio
playback system; if the mp3 codec is installed it will be supported
automatically.

Hope this helps,

Lourens