[vorbis-dev] Raw driver for libao

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Sun Mar 11 19:18:26 PST 2001

In January I submitted a new "raw" output driver for libao that lets you write
the audio samples directly to a file without any headers or anything else.  It
never got committed.  Is it too late in the beta cycle to add it?  I've been
contacted by an author of a CD recording application whose problem could be
solved by the inclusion of the raw driver.

I need to make a change to the driver so that it supports outputting in a
particular byte-order (for the CD writing application) in addition to just the
native order, so DON'T commit the driver I submitted just yet.  I just want to
know if libao is in feature freeze.

---
Stan Seibert