[vorbis-dev] Simple Vorbis Players...

Nicholas Pappas nick at rightstep.org
Wed Jun 27 16:32:43 PDT 2001

        This might be off topic for this list, I apologize if it is.

        I am currently looking for a *very simple* Ogg Vorbis player to help me
in developing one of my own (for a thesis project).  I would actually
settle for any simple audio player that plays a compressed format (MP3,
or whatever) so I can see some active demonstrations of playing PCM
buffers through waveOut of DirectSound implementations.
        Is there a player out there that *just* plays Vorbis files?  I know of
open source apps like FreeAmp, but it is 1000x more complicated then
what I am trying to accomplish in the short run.
        I'm am currently working with Windows, and am not concerned with a
"universal" solution; it only has to work in Windows!  I am assuming
that a DirectSound implementation will probably work best (especially
since other components of this application require DirectDraw), so if
any resource shows this it would just make my semester! :)

        If anyone knows of any good general audio resources (online or books) or
DirectSound resources, I would greatly appreciate any pointers.  It has
been some time since I programmed from Windows (stuck with UNIX for the
past 2 years) and the first time I've dealt with audio.

        Any help is greatly appreciated, and I apologize if this is not the right
list to be sending this to.

        Nick