[vorbis-dev] Anyone with an extended vorbisfile_example?

Ingo Ralf Blum ingoralfblum at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 06:23:28 PDT 2001

> I just found out about this absolutely great format. I downloaded the SDK
> and successfully compiled vorbisfile_example.c with MSVC6.0 - seems to be
> working fine. My next step will be to modify it as follows:
> 1) Write proper Windows pcm .wav files (with complete header). Shouldn't be
> too much of a problem.
> 2) Package it as a single .dll (instead of as I have now: 1 .exe and 3
> .dll's). No idea how to do this. I'm very uncomfortable with all the
> settings in different places in MSVC.

Just link to the ???_static.lib files instead of the ???.lib files, e.g.
vorbis_static.lib instead of vorbis.lib. However you still have to links against
the msvcrt.dll. If you want a completely static build with only some references
to the Windows libs and a static C runtime and MFC, you'll have to modify the
project files to use the static C runtime. The places where to change this is in
the project properties dialog on the tabs "C/C++ -> Code Generation" and
"Linker -> General" and perhaps, if you are using MFC, the "General" tab.

Or do you mean creating one DLL for all Ogg/Vorbis libraries, lets say a
OggVorbisEverything.dll. In that case you'll have to merge all DEF files
together and put the source files for all libs into one DLL project.

> The problem is I have very limited knowledge of Windows programming, and by
> browsing the list archives, it seems that several people have done / are
> going to do the same thing.
>
> Anyone willing to share files or experience?

Regards Ingo