[vorbis-dev] oggenc broken for some types of WAV files

Chris Wolf cwolf at starclass.com
Mon Jul 30 11:24:26 PDT 2001

I located some audio utilities, which includes a general audio I/O library.
The I/O library handles a number of audio file formats, including RIFF-WAVE,
it properly deals with the WAVEFORMATEX type of "fmt" chunk, as well
as 17 other RIFF chunk types that could appear (all text tags, such as author,
date, etc.)

You can find it here:

http://www.tsp.ece.mcgill.ca/reports/Software/index.html

It is copyrighted material, but can be included in other free software.
Not that I'm suggesting, necessarily, that it be used for this project, but
it would be worth looking at for reference purposes.