[vorbis-dev] oggenc broken for some types of WAV files

nvit at tut.by nvit at tut.by
Sun Jul 29 01:54:04 PDT 2001

I attached file riffnew.doc that is a part of archive mdrk.exe.
Look at the "New WAVE Types" (page 21) section.
It seem for me mdrk.exe was taken from Microsoft site some time ago
and now mdrk.exe  is not available (but mentioning about it may be present
on
Microsoft site).
The above document is out of date, but I suppose the new version (or another
RIFF-WAV format FULL specification) does not exist at all.

My opinion: extended WAVEFORMATEX structure have to be supported in oggenc
for PCM format.

Vitaly.