[vorbis-dev] Quicktime Component

Nick D'Amato nick at nouturn.com
Mon Jul 23 17:14:21 PDT 2001

On 7/23/01 7:52 PM, Segher Boessenkool said:

> I read from the dataref associated with my media, and calculate offsets and
> ogg page size from the ogg page headers.  That seems to work...  although
> QT doesn't seem to like a zero-length in time, non-zero-length in bytes
> sample...  I need some trickery for that (and similar cases).

Yea there are some secrets of QT... we have to beat up Apple engineers to
get them (sorry Kevin =)

I am considering using your method, which obviously works much better than
mine, but I'm just not sure which is the better way to go... Directly or via
VorbisFile. If I manage to cleanly implement VF, future updates won't be as
difficult as the Vorbis libs evolve.

> If you don't want to use something like the above-mentioned trickery, you
> might need some, yes.

Scary thought!!

>> The last thing which I haven't figured out yet, when used in OS X on my
>> iBook, it skips at frequent yet consistent intervals. Almost sounds as
>> though carbonizing it changed the physical bit-size of one of my variables
>> (ie. One byte being perceived as 16 bits or something like this)...
>
> No help here, sorry...

This one has me confused, but it might be specific to my iBook. I have one
of the betas of 10.1, but unfortunately Apple broke QT component support in
this beta. I can't test it this way.

Nick