[vorbis-dev] win32: Encoder using vorbisenc.dll - AV?

Matthijs Laan matthijsln at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 19 07:48:44 PDT 2001

Hello,

When I compile either oggenc or encoder_example with static libraries, they
work fine, but when I try them with the dynamic libraries, I get an access
violation in vorbisenc.dll with both oggenc and encoder_example. Can anyone
on win32 confirm this?

It's strange because vorbisfile.dll *does* work with vorbisfile_example,
and the configuration for vorbisfile.dll is exactly the same (only the
names are different.)

I guess it can't be a problem in the source because static linking works
OK, but if vorbisfile does work dynamically with the same config as
vorbisenc, it is a MSVC problem perhaps?

Matthijs