[vorbis-dev] AGAIN: ogg123/ogg123.c of vorbis-tools causes error on FreeBSD

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Jul 11 20:29:46 PDT 2001

At 01:09 PM 7/11/01 -0400, you wrote:
>> The simple problem is that addition of
>>
>> > + #include <sys/types.h>
>>
>> breaks other systems that do not have this file.  We'll fix it... but
>> we can't accept a patch that has only been thought about for a single
>> platform!  The real fix takes more work.
>
>Speaking of which, is this the reason my patches have not been applied to
>CVS?
>
>strchr() is the ANSI/ISO name of BSD's index(), so patch.1 should be OK.
>
>fopen(*,"rb") is used in many other files, so I presumed that patch.2 would
>be OK.
>
>patch.3 only touches a .dsp file, so that can't affect non-windows
>platforms.
>
>Did I make a mistake somewhere?
>
>Peter Harris

Sorry Peter, these were just things that nobody saw as 'urgent', so
people hadn't got around to applying the patches. I've now applied
1 and 2. Thanks.

3 I've left unapplied - if you want to make oggenc compile on win32,
it'd be nice if it also _worked_ correctly. Right now, it doesn't, so
there's not a hell of a lot of point in having it build more easily.

Michael