[vorbis-dev] Oggenc - strange display output

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Jan 31 04:33:07 PST 2001

>I can understand the inability to print up a running percentage, but I
>would have thought the rest would be trackable, possibly further into the
>process than it obviously is.

Long since fixed.

>I admit this is an old version, it may even be beta2 (in fact I think it
>is), so it might have been fixed long ago.  I just thought I'd (A) share it
>with you and (B) let you know in case it hasn't been.

Generally, if you KNOW something is way out of date, please try and check
it with a current version before sending a bug report.

>PS: Are there any plans to (again if it hasn't been done) rewrite
>mp3tovorbis for use with oggenc instead of vorbise?

Absolutely not. Transcoding is a bad idea. Those who DO have a good reason
can do it the hard way. Providing scripts to do this just encourages it.

Michael