[vorbis-dev] Implementing Vorbis in hardware

Aleksandar Dovnikovic aldov at eunet.yu
Wed Jan 24 13:43:07 PST 2001

"mooseman" <mooseman at uniserve.com> wrote:

> this may not be a valid comment, but some of the mp3 players, i am
> thinking directly of the RCA Lyra, market themselves specifically as
> upgradeable for new formats.... so they must use non dedicated mp3
> decoders, but rather some type of flash based software to support
> new/different formats....
>
> i wonder how hard it would be to interest them in this format?

Generally, until vorbis hits 1.0 official version, there won't be much
interest by (hardware) companies to implement vorbis - as Monty
said, it is part of their policies not to get involved with beta technology.
There is an interest, no doubt about that, but we will have to wait
for the 1.0 for the real boost.

Greetings,
Aleksandar