[vorbis-dev] James Elder's publications on edge detection

Marco Al marco at simplex.nl
Tue Jan 16 12:08:49 PST 2001

From: "Philipp Kempgen" <kempgen at bnv-bamberg.de>

Subject: [vorbis-dev] James Elder's publications on edge detection

> Hey folks! For those who are interested in James Elder's
> publications: The links on his page work perfectly now.
>
> http://elderlab.yorku.ca/~elder/publications.html
>
> Thanks a lot, James! Everything seems to be alright now
> (although a little sluggish :-)
>
> Philipp

I havent read all of it yet, just browsed "Are Edges Incomplete?", but it
reminds me a lot of edgelets/ridgelets/beamlets apart from the fact that mr.
Elder does not present a complete invertible transform but instead empiracally
determins reconstruction methods.

If you find this interesting and havent already you might want to check those
out too. A good starting point is here:
http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~mduncan/curvelet.site/

Marco