[vorbis-dev] DWIT

Lourens Veen jsr at dds.nl
Sat Jan 13 12:07:23 PST 2001

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> Frank Hale wrote:
> >
> > > Do you know what a Fourier Transform is ?
> >
> > No, as I said before I have absolutely no clue about encoding anything. Is
> > there any resources on the internet which explain how it is done? What type
> > of math background one would need to have to understand the techniques.
> > Etc,etc,etc...
> >
> IMHO, the type of math background you need is one
> sufficient to understand a discrete Fourier transform, and why it is
> useful for digital
> signal processing. BUT, it's not clear to me what you want to do, and what
> you really need

I think it depends on what kind of documents you learn from too. For the
scientific papers (which you can find on www.ncstrl.org and
www.researchindex.com amongst others) you need quite a bit of maths
knowledge, but more engineer-oriented documents are usually a bit
simpler.

Lourens, talking too much again