[vorbis-dev] DWIT

Marshall Eubanks tme at 21rst-century.com
Sat Jan 13 11:58:11 PST 2001

Frank Hale wrote:

> > Do you know what a Fourier Transform is ?
>
> No, as I said before I have absolutely no clue about encoding anything. Is
> there any resources on the internet which explain how it is done? What type
> of math background one would need to have to understand the techniques.
> Etc,etc,etc...

There are lots of resources available.
Here are a few (from my bookmarks, mostly MP3 oriented) :
http://www.vitaminic.de/ascolta/high.shtml
http://www.firstpr.com.au/audiocomp/aac-mp3-vq.html
http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/mp3/chapter/ch02.html
http://www.ednasia.com/registrd/issues/0010/0010df1.htm

IMHO, the type of math background you need is one
sufficient to understand a discrete Fourier transform, and why it is
useful for digital
signal processing. BUT, it's not clear to me what you want to do, and what
you really need

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   Multicast Technologies, Inc.
   10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 201
   Fairfax, Virginia 22030
   Phone : 703-293-9624          Fax     : 703-293-9609
   e-mail : tme at on-the-i.com     http://www.on-the-i.com