[vorbis-dev] [fwd] ogg123 (from: pfk@fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de)

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Thu Jan 11 20:01:44 PST 2001

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 07:19:45AM -0700, volsung at asu.edu wrote:
> > That's a segfault in ao_close or ao_shutdown, huh? ao needs some
> > paranoid sanity checks in stuff like ao_close to ensure that the state
> > is being passed right, but I can't see how that could happen. I
> > consider segfaults, even harmless ones after everything's done (but it
> > wasn't in this case) to be sloppy. Any ideas on tracking that one
> > down?
>
> It's actually in buffer_shutdown() (the buffer isn't always allocated, but it
> was dereferenced in buffer_shutdown() in every case).
>
> See my previous patch for a fix.

Ah, how clumsy of me... But unless I've accidentally deleted something
in trying to keep the hundreds of emails from piling on top of me, I
haven't seen a patch. But I'm still digging... Fix is, of course,
obvious, though.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>