[vorbis-dev] Tarkin at last
greg at linuxpower.cx
Thu Jan 4 16:12:28 PST 2001
On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 03:24:08PM -0800, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> 1) find a better wavelet
> 2) zero-tree packing
> 3) color packing
> any other ideas?
- Take a 3d 'megablock' of color video.
- Use 'edge' detection to locate blobs of simmlar
- Efficently encode blobmap and transmit map
- Segment into blobs. Rank for perceptual importance.
- Analyize each blob (brute force or hueristic) to determin
optimal encoding method.
- Encode and transmit each blob.
Example blob encoding methods:
1. Blocked DCT. Good for strong gradients with low noise.
2. RLE. Good for solid colors with no noise.
3,4. Low pass filtered of the above.
5. Padded DWT
-Blob is padded to fill a power of two sized cube (SIT used?)
-Wavelet chosen to 'best match' data.
-Vector code (zero tree not needed if your codebook vectors tell
you where to fill)
6. Warped DWT
-Blob analyzed to decide simple warp map to cause least texture
-Decides on target deminsions (i.e. a blob that was contained in a
256x256x64 bounding box in the real image) could would warped into
a 128x128x4 transform area.
-Warpmap efficently coded and tranmitted.
-Blob is warped.
-Blob gets DWT encoded like above.
Each method could handle colors differntly.
The reverse should be somewhat obvious.
--- >8 ----
List archives: http://www.xiph.org/archives/
Ogg project homepage: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'vorbis-dev-request at xiph.org'
containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body. No subject is needed.
Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.
More information about the Vorbis-dev