[vorbis-dev] BCB build successful?

David K. Gasaway dgasaway at bigvalley.net
Tue Jan 30 23:00:36 PST 2001

> At this point I have to ask -- are you absoultley sure these are the
> same exact sources doing this ?  I wonder if they have different
> codebooks? That could be tested with the rehuff util Segher
> Boessenkool wrote -- theoretically when optimized they would be
> identical if the codebooks were different?.

No, I don't know if it's the same sources; that's the problem.  I
downloaded the other version from a link that someone posted in
the list.  I don't remember who or exactly when.  Although I've read
all the messages about rehuff, I haven't gathered what it does.  In
other words: I don't know what you're talking about :)

> OD

> F:\oggs>oggenc-bcb "125bpm 8 bar main line 1 FX.wav"
>         Average bitrate: 121.0 kb/s
>
> F:\oggs>oggenc-msvc "125bpm 8 bar main line 1 FX.wav"
>         Average bitrate: 121.8 kb/s

Ah, same deal.  Thanks for your help.
-----
David K. Gasaway
dgasaway at comports.com
http://dkg.home.dhs.org
-----
Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes.
-----
Sig by Kookie Jar 5.98b http://go.to/generalfrenetics/