Icecast (was Re: [vorbis-dev] xmms plugin)

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Jan 28 04:31:16 PST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Jack Moffitt wrote:

> All streaming code should work now, for both standard http streaming
> from webservers and live icecast streams (tested with icecast
> 2.0prealpha).

Wow, does this exist in any usable form?  I didn't realise icecast 2.0 was
even that far along (i.e. working code yet).

The other thing is projects to source stuff for it.  With icecast 1.0, you
already had shoutcast to enable stream sourcing from winamp.  Are folks
like those who did oddcast writing sourcers for icecast 2.0, or aren't you
that far along yet?  In case you don't know, oddcast is analogus to
winamp's shoutcast source DSP plugin but it uses LAME (contained within the
plugin) to do the encoding 'n stuff.

Geoff.