[vorbis-dev] ogg pic format (again).. here's why

Lourens Veen jsr at dds.nl
Sat Jan 27 01:09:20 PST 2001

ISTR integer wavelets being lossless, but ofcourse they're little use
unless the wavelet coefficients compress better than the raw data, since
you can't throw away any coefficients. 1:100 is difficult even with a
lossy codec, so I don't know if that's currently possible losslessly. On
the other hand, you can't aim too high :)

Lourens

Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> Hello Tarkinauts;
>
> Does anyone know how much a 3 or 4 D LOSSLESS compression could be
> pushed ?
> I have a feeling with video you could do a LOT better than Huffman encoding.
[snip]