[vorbis-dev] Ogg Vorbis on PPC Linux?

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at lsc.nd.edu
Thu Jan 18 20:53:22 PST 2001

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Bryan Stillwell wrote:

> configure:1506: checking host system type
> configure:1718: checking for memory.h
> configure:1728:   conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
> ./configure: conftest.c: command not found
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 1723 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> #include <memory.h>
> configure:1755: checking for cos in -lm

I have sent this issue to the list a few times before -- AC_PROG_CPP must
come before checking for header files in configure.in.

On some flavors of Linux, it works fine without AC_PROG_CPP.  I don't know
why.  But it doesn't work on Solaris without explicitly looking for
AC_PROG_CPP first (i.e., configure:1728 is trying to execute something
like "$ac_cpp conftest.c", but $ac_cpp hasn't been defined yet because
AC_PROG_CPP hasn't been invokes.

Apparently, it doesn't work on PPC Linux with AC_PROG_CPP, either.

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} squyres at cse.nd.edu
{+} Perpetual Obsessive Notre Dame Student Craving Utter Madness
{+} "I came to ND for 4 years and ended up staying for a decade"