[vorbis-dev] Ogg Vorbis on PPC Linux?

Bryan Stillwell bryan at bokeoa.com
Thu Jan 18 16:44:18 PST 2001

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 04:14:56PM -0800, Monty wrote:
>I believe you have out of date ogg headers.  Ogg and vorbis are in
>seperate modules now.

You hit that one on the money.  I accidently had some leftovers in
/usr/local/ from a few months ago.  Removing those fixed everything
right up!

>> Another oddity that I think I should mention is that when I ran
>> autogen.sh it reported this:
>>
>> checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
>> checking for memory.h... no
>> checking for cos in -lm... yes
>>
>> However, memory.h does exist and it should be getting found.
>
>What's your include path?  What does the config.log say?

The makefile says that includedir = /usr/include which is where memory.h
is located.  If I create test.c with this code it works:

---
#include <stdio.h>
#include <memory.h>

int main()
{
    printf("Testing\n");
}
---

The compile command I used was just `gcc test.c -o test`.

config.log says:

configure:1506: checking host system type
configure:1718: checking for memory.h
configure:1728:   conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
./configure: conftest.c: command not found
configure: failed program was:
#line 1723 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <memory.h>
configure:1755: checking for cos in -lm

Bryan

  http://www.bokeoa.com/    | bryan at bokeoa.com
  GPG fingerprint: 3608 4610 8C08 B8EB 0970  9686 8A93 386C 6116 EFE2