[vorbis-dev] encoder problem

Phil Steinke lintec at engsoc.queensu.ca
Tue Jan 9 10:07:01 PST 2001

I seem to have found a bug in the encoder.  I had some audio noise in a
sample I encoded using oggenc.  It happens at both the '128' and '160'
bitrate settings.  I've posted the snippet of the original wav file, as well
as the noisy ogg so you can try it for yourself.

You can download them both from

http://engsoc.queensu.ca/lintec/ogg/

I've bzip2'd the wav file to keep download speeds a little quicker.

If you're curious where the sample is from, it's track 4 on disc 2 of "The
Fragile" by Nine Inch Nails.

Phil