[vorbis-dev] [fwd] Re: Can't encode anything using Oggdrop Beta 4 (from: bryandanielkennedy@hotmail.com)

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Feb 27 18:10:19 PST 2001

At 10:51 PM 2/26/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I don't know enough to tell if this is pilot error on the user's part or a legit problem.  Advice requested (also Cc: the original user if you can).

There are known bugs with windows recorder which make it produce invalid wav
files (you'd think they'd get this much right...) at least according to all
wav documentation I've been able to track down.

Most applications get this correct.

I'm not sure how much of the error messages reported from the oggenc-derived
code (it's basically an older somewhat out of date version of oggenc with a
gui frontend) are actually shown to the user with oggdrop.

As for the intermittently working results with some files - no idea. Unfortunately, it's hard to track down this sort of problem with a gui application.

Michael