[vorbis-dev] [fwd] Re: Can't encode anything using Oggdrop Beta 4 (from: bryandanielkennedy@hotmail.com)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Feb 26 22:51:55 PST 2001

I don't know enough to tell if this is pilot error on the user's part or a legit problem.  Advice requested (also Cc: the original user if you can).

----- Forwarded message from Bryan Kennedy <bryandanielkennedy at hotmail.com> -----

Delivery-Date: Mon Feb 26 22:07:54 2001
From: "Bryan Kennedy" <bryandanielkennedy at hotmail.com>
To: "Monty" <xiphmont at xiph.org>
Subject: Re: Can't encode anything using Oggdrop Beta 4
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:06:44 -0600

I tested that and I used the Windows Recorder to create a PCM WAV file
that's 16bit 44100 Stereo and still received the "Format not supported"
message.

I tried another Windows 2000 machine with slightly different results.  I
went into the WINNT\Media directory where Windows keeps a bunch of media
files and tried to convert some files.  One of the files was the Windows
Logoff sound.  I dragged that WAV file onto Oggdrop and it converted
correctly.  Then I tried the same file again and received the error message.
I tried again, got the error message.  I tried once more and it converted
correctly.

I tried yet another Windows 2000 machine and it wouldn't convert any WAV
file I through at it, not even the same Windows Logoff sound file.

Bryan Kennedy